Does this mean I am Fabulous?


Thanks so very much to Kiersten over at The Type A Housewife Blog for honoring me with the Stylish Blogger Award! My first award....I am so excited! :-) Go check out Kiersten's fabulous blog.  She is new to blogging but you wouldn't know it. Her posts are funny, interesting and most of all REAL! So go check her out when you get a chance.

Since I have two blogs and Kiersten was so sweet to honor me with awards on both blogs, I decided to create 7 new things about myself on this blog so it wasn't redundant. If you'd like to learn more about me then check out my other blog - Park Avenue Chihuahua.


Here are the rules to getting this award: 
  1. Thank and link back to the person who awarded you the award.
  2. Share 7 things about yourself.
  3. Award 15 other bloggers.
  4. Contact these bloggers and tell them about the award.
7 Things About Myself

  1. My favorite meals (to eat - not cook) are:
-        (Thai) Chicken Pad Thai (Spice Level 7 or 8)
-        (Indian) Chicken Tikka Masala

  1. I have always wanted to go to Rio De Janeiro, Brazil
I have, ever since I can remember, been drawn to Rio. I can’t explain it. It is as if I have been there before but I haven’t (not in this lifetime anyway). I love the culture, the music, the food and the land (minus the violence, gangs and drugs). Take all the bad out and I would actually consider moving there one day with my family. As we all know, it is one of the worst cities in the world as far as crime rates are concerned (due to drug gangs) so I won’t be going there any time soon. I can travel there in my mind though. ;-)

  1. I believe in Reincarnation (and I also believe in God).
-        If you are interested in learning about it then start with this great book: Many Lives Many Masters – Brian Weiss, M.D.
-        There are more books listed on the subject on my complete profile page.

  1. I love music.
Jazz and Brazilian Music are my favorites. 

  1. I love comedies.
Even though my favorite movie is Pan’s Labyrinth (foreign film – Spanish with English Subtitles), which is definitely not a comedy, I love comedies.
There is something magical about laughter. When I am scared, my go to movie is Grumpy Old Men (love it and watched it over 100 times). It soothes me. If I love a movie I will watch it over and over and over. It drives my husband crazy. One of my favorite goofy movies is Legally Blonde. Is it just me or does Elle’s sweetness, innocence and love of animals make you feel all warm inside? Every time I watch it, I talk to the TV out loud and say “Go Elle Woods!” Cheesy, I know but I love it!

  1. I want to learn Italian (and become fluent).
The Italian language is so beautiful when spoken. The words just seem to ooze romance. The language is so smooth that when someone is telling someone else off it sounds....charming. Learning Italian is one of my goals for this year. Now, I just need someone to converse with. :-) 

  1. I use to play the violin.
I played the violin in 6th grade. I really wanted to play the drums but they told me I was going to play the violin. I loved it but didn’t really appreciate exactly how beautiful playing it could be until I was older. I stopped playing it after a year. My attention span was not that long in 6th grade. I have always loved Classical Music (since I was very young) which I give credit to my mother for always playing it and taking me to the Symphony Orchestra all the time. I think I may start playing the violin again in the near future. Although, I wasn’t terrible at it I was no professional either. Wish my husband luck. I may have to practice in the garage. ;-)


 15 Bloggers I Would Like to Award


Please go check out these blogs when you get a chance. They are awesome!  :-)

4 comments:

Kiersten @ Oh My Veggies January 10, 2011 at 10:52 PM  

Aw, thanks! And I'm a big fan of pad thai too--I've tried about a dozen different recipes for it, but it's always a pale imitation of what they serve in restaurants.

Chihuahua Girl January 10, 2011 at 11:37 PM  

That is so true! That is why I don't even try to make it at home anymore. I spend way more than it costs in the restaurant and it's not nearly as good and I consider myself a very good cook.

emilyc @ Sew Super Sweet January 11, 2011 at 9:58 PM  

Thanks so much for the award, I will do my best to participate this week, but I am traveling for work so we will see how that goes!

And your facts are so interesting, thanks for sharing!

Post a Comment