Dry Shampoo - A must for anyone on the go!

This is one of my favorite products of all times - Pssssst! Dry Shampoo. I don't always have time to wash my hair everyday. My stylist also told me that since I color my hair that I should try to wash it every other day if possible (helps preserve my color). This is hard for me since I have oily hair. My stylist mentioned trying a dry shampoo.

Now, if you are not familiar with dry shampoo then you are in for a treat. Dry shampoo is a product that you spray in your hair. It transforms your dull, dirty hair into fabulousness in seconds without washing. It also eliminates odor, product build-up, preserves color, adds volume to your hair and absorbs excess oil. A extra little bonus - it also lightens your roots a bit which is great for when your roots have grown out and you haven't had time to get them touched up yet.

I was turned onto Pssssst and fell in love. It is a dry shampoo that requires no water. You just spray it on, brush it out and you are ready to go. At $ 6.49 a bottle it's a steal. I have tried many other more expensive brands ($25 - $40 per bottle) and have not been very satisfied. A friend told me about this product about 4 years ago and I have used it ever since. You can purchase it at your local CVS Pharmacy or here.

Now, I have to mention that it does work best on blonde or light brown hair. All dry shampoos do. Once you spray it on it will have a white filmy look to it. Don't be afraid. The trick is to flip your hair over and use your fingers to massage and rub the dry shampoo into your roots and down the strands of your hair. Let it dry for a minute or so and then brush it out. The white color will disappear once you brush out your hair. Use dry shampoo sparingly. A little goes a long way even if it doesn't seem like it. It is better to add more than to put too much on your hair.

Do you have medium or dark colored hair? If so, then you'll love Pssssst Volume + Color Dry Shampoo - Brunette Formula. It is a little harder to find than the regular Pssssst.
Some mornings I just love being spontaneous. We as women know how long it takes to wash, dry and style our hair -- too long! This product is great - you just spray and go. So easy and effortless....a must have for anyone on the go! :-)

3 comments:

Lesli March 23, 2011 at 8:25 PM  

I received some dry shampoo in a swag bag, but while I thought it worked really well, I didn't like the fragrance. Looking for a dry shampoo that smells good!!!

Lesli March 23, 2011 at 8:27 PM  

Does the Pssst Dry Shampoo have a fragrance?

Chihuahua Girl March 30, 2011 at 12:06 AM  

Hi Lesli! Yes, it does have a slight fragrance when it comes out of the can. However, it doesn't leave an odor on your hair.

You might have a hard time finding dry shampoo that smells really good. The product is very different than regular shampoos and styling products.

~ Tina
Another Domestic Diva

Post a Comment