Movie Review - "2012"




I don't go to the movie theater very often because I love watching movies at home. With this said, sometimes it takes me a little longer to see blockbuster hits than most. My husband and I have a roku device that we have connected to our Netflix account. We LOVE it! You can select movies and watch them on demand. I put this movie 2012 in our movie library a long time ago. For what ever reason we didn't watch it until recently. All I have to say is WOW! This was one of the best movies for special effects (if not the best) that I have ever seen.

Plot: 2012 is a movie based on the Mayan's prophecy that the world will end in 2012. Due to solar flare bombardment the Earth's core begins heating up at an unprecedented rate. This results in a series of Doomsday event scenarios plunging the world into chaos, such as California falling into the Pacific Ocean, the eruption of the Yellowstone National Park caldera, shifting of the continents by crustal displacement, Megatsunami impacts along every coast line on the Earth, and the flooding of the entire planet. The film centers around an ensemble cast of characters as they narrowly escape multiple catastrophes in an effort to reach ships in the Tibetan Himalayan Mountains, along with scientists and governments of the world who are attempting to save as many lives as they can before the disasters ensue.

Check out the trailer. It is a must see for sure! :-)



0 comments:

Post a Comment