Movie Review - The Secret Life of Bees

via

I am a member of Netflix (which I love). The other day I was searching their site for some new movies -- movies that are not mainstream. I came across this movie and was intrigued. Even though it was not new (made in 2008) I hadn't seen it before. It was given 5 out of 5 stars so I knew it had to be good. It also was based on the book - The Secret Life of Bees. 

I saw the movie yesterday and absolutely LOVED it! Set in South Carolina in 1964, this is the tale of Lily Owens a 14 year-old girl who is haunted by the memory of her late mother. To escape her lonely life and troubled relationship with her father, Lily flees with Rosaleen, her caregiver and only friend, to a South Carolina town that holds the secret to her mother's past. Taken in by the intelligent and independent Boatwright sisters, Lily finds solace in their mesmerizing world of beekeeping.

This is a story that is filled with themes of love, acceptance and forgiveness as well as needing to feel love and encouragement. You will laugh and you will cry. It is a beautiful story and a must see. Enjoy! :-)



0 comments:

Post a Comment